Your Plans or God's Purpose?
I think we all can agree that 2018 has been REAL. This has been a year of revelation, discipline, self-reflection and so much more. I like to call it- a renovation season. This year most of us went through a season of mental, spiritual and physical renewal. A season of getting rid of the unnecessary and getting in position to be restored like never before. If you’re tired and feel like you’ve come to the end of yourself, use these last few days in 2018 to submit to God. Write in your journal, go to your prayer closet and pour out everything to Him. Tell Him that you want to be renewed. Cry out to him “Abba, I need you to renew my mind” Tell Him to use you for His glory now and in 2019. If you have to fast from social media and use that time to be in the Word. Do whatever it takes to claim your renovation season and get in position for greatness all 2019.
Here’s 8 thing’s God will call you to do in a renovation season:
1) Get rid of the unprofitable. This includes people, side hustles that are burning you out, excessive photos, clothes, impulsive subscriptions etc*
2) Make decisions for DESTINY rather than temporary desires. Live life, think twice and in everything, you do ask yourself “would this please God?”
3) Craving God = Craving Greatness! Get in the Word! Even if it’s just a scripture a day. Start a Bible plan and if you don’t know where to start to shoot me a DM on Instagram (@iamasadugger) I’ll help you!
4) Understand that there’s a difference between a God-ordained relationship and a compatible relationship. In the renovation season, God will require you to choose. He will require you to get rid of the toxic relationships that you hold dear to.
5) Stop looking towards the future to ignore what’s happening NOW! Live in the moment now. Get off your phone, stop being distracted and live life.
6) He’ll show you that there’s a difference between good & God. God will begin to give you sharp discernment to understand the difference.
7) You will begin to be eager to seek God for yourself. You’ll want to embrace community + love & forgive those who’ve offended or persecuted you.
8) You will begin to trust God like never before. You’ll begin to understand what it truly means to be a hearer and doer of the Word.
It’s Your Turn! Take this moment to quiet your mind and say a prayer. John 10:10 reminds us that the enemy only comes to kill, steal and destroy. Often times, he distracts us with our temporary desires to keep us from walking in purpose. At this moment, ask yourself “Am I living for my plans or His purpose?” Take this moment to be in praise & worship and pray. Jesus didn’t die for us to live a life of struggle. Jesus came to give us life and have it more abundantly. Declare today “ I’m no longer living in my plans, I’m living for HIS PURPOSE.”